10/27/10

brief update.

just a quick note to let you all know what we're up to this week:

stuart is in pine bluff, just beginning his family medicine rotation. it works out super great, because stu's parents live in PB, so he is staying with them and getting to spend a bit of time with them (and mimi, too!) which he has missed the last couple of months because school up in little rock has been so busy and time-consuming on the weekends.

tomorrow is my very first, big-girl RN shift! i'm officially off of orientation, so tomorrow i have my own patients all by myself. i was really excited about this, until last night when i had a dream that i was assigned more patients than the typical workload, and all the patients were spread out all over the floor, so i spent all day running back and forth between all of my many, many patients and it was awful. i don't anticipate that tomorrow will be anything like that, but the bad dream was just enough to make me anxious.

earlier this week, i was down in pine bluff with stuart, working for pop in his OB-GYN office. the ladies in his office are just so great, and stu's mom works there, too, so it's just a fun time all around. i work my "real" job th/fri/sat this week, so i am back up in little rock all on my own. friday, stuart is heading up to fayetteville (home of the razorbacks - woo pig sooie!) straight from pb with some family for the football game. he'll return late saturday night, so until then i am just a hard-workin' woman in little rock, all on my own! oh, except for oz - derek and beth's dog. they're out of town, so i'm puppy-sitting, and i'm thankful for ozzie to keep me company.

i'm visiting nc the 2nd week in november for a short, short trip because i miss my mama and dad. too much. so i am just hopping out there for a few days to see them. and little katie, too. i just love my family. (matthew - wish i could see you, too, bo.) i think i've done pretty good to go almost 4 months without seeing them. so, i deserve the trip. :) i may try to be at christ community sunday, nov. 14 if i'm able (i know a lot of folks will be gone for the conference - boo). just a heads up!

i'm off to visit oz one last time for the evening... pray for my first week as a big-girl nurse! i'm pretty anxious about it! anxious, but excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment