8/13/13

James' first meat


I had read several times about the health benefits of whole sardines (high in protein, calcium, omega-3s, vitamin D, low in mercury...) and they are cheap!  But I just couldn't bring myself to start eating tiny, whole fish with skin and bones.  Blech.

Then, I ran across an article about sardines being a good food for baby... And I reconsidered.  Anything for the health of my tiny boy!  So, when it was time for James to have his first real-meat-food, I bought a single, simple tin at our favorite grocery (for $1.29, cheaper than canned tuna).  I mashed them up with some avocado, and James didn't seem to mind at all.  Success!  I split the tin with him, and had some for lunch myself.  Not bad, as long as I can mash them up and not see the skin or bones.  I'm thinking they will become a pantry staple in our house!

Post-sardine consumption.  Still smiling. :)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy! How could I have been so neglectful about checking the blog????? What great pics! What a wonderful boy! What great growing!!! Will be back! Gotta run back to the office! Nana

    ReplyDelete