4/30/14

Aunt kk visits

Last October, my one and only beloved sister moved to Seattle.  Everyone cried for days, because she's just so great.  Seattle is super far away, so visits are rare and difficult for her.  But she's home this week!  Let's start with a not-so-flattering photo of her, with Meredith and Matthew and my sweet mama's profile:


(Sorry Katie!)  Sunday evening we had lots of folks over to the Pierce Durham homestead for pizza and ice cream.  We sat around and talked and ate food.  Favorite activities of the Acree family.



Stuart with my mama and baby Canaan (Matt & Mere's wee one)



Little James (I suppose I shouldn't call him baby James anymore :( ) enjoying the taste of his mama's gardening shoes.



James continues to enjoy the shoe, while PPaw enjoys ice cream :)



Katie's boyfriend, Stephen, enjoying our newest furniture purchase (which we love!) and my 2nd smallest cousin, Gabe, enjoying James' box house.  Turns out, boys are never too old to play with boxes!



kk with Aunt Val!



Uncle Mark, my Mema Acree and my dad (PPaw) chatting and enjoying ice cream.



It is getting harder to get a photo of James just whenever I want - he is quite opinionated on whether he would prefer to sit still for a photo or get down and play (and continue tasting gardening shoes...)



Katie stayed the night at our place, and we went out for a walk the next morning before the week of thunderstorms started.  James has started walking a little part of the trail with me instead of riding in the stroller the whole way (he naps better if he gets to do this!).



Getting ready to slide down the swirly slide!





So brave, not scared at all!





Storytime with kk before she has to leave.  He chose a difficult Spanish book for her! :)  We miss you kk!

No comments:

Post a Comment