5/1/15

Conversations with James



(This photo is unrelated to the scene below, but I know that everyone else who looks at this just wants to see pictures... so, enjoy!)

James (looking out our front window, pointing to the left): "Mama, that way to park."
Me: "Yep, that's right."
James (still pointing left): "Left"
Me: (silence, and shocked that he is accurate)
James (pointing right): "That right"
Me: "Wow! Good work."
James (pointing to the floor): "Mama, that's down." (pointing to the ceiling) "That's up. That's up, mama."

As if when I said "That's right," in response to the direction of the park, James thought to himself, "Silly mama, that's not right, that's left.  I better review it for her sake..." Who taught him these things?  I've never even reviewed up/down with him, much less left/right.  He's a clever one.  And I love that he wants to show me!

No comments:

Post a Comment