11/11/13

James: 11 months

I cannot believe this little person has been in our lives (on the outside!) for 11 months. 30 days short of a year.  Wowie.


Overview & some stats
- Sleeping 11-12 hours at night
- 2 naps per day, 1-2 hours each
- 4 bottles per day
- Dropped to only 3-5oz at bedtime!
- 3 solid meals per day
- Trying to do better about snacks between meals, though bottles seem to fit this bill
- 7 teeth, but I suspect an 8th is on it's way through
- 1 nasty cold that turned James into a snot factory (thank God for humidifiers)
- Goes from belly to sitting on his own (find him sitting up in his crib often after naps)
- Lowered his crib mattress (finally) for the first time since we brought him home from the hospital
- Sometimes crawls/scoots around on hands/knees/feet, but usually still swims around on his belly


Nap Regression
We had a weird thing happen with naps this past month, and I want to make a quick note about it before I forget, because I almost moved him to one nap a day because of it.  One random day, he decided to scream through this entire afternoon nap (with frequent checks).  For the life of me, I could not figure out WHAT could possibly be wrong.  He would stop crying as soon as I walked in his room, and start crying when I walked back out.  He did this for a few days (for one long, terrible day, he did this for both naps, and another day my poor mother was caring for him and had to endure it while I was a work - what a doozy of a week!).  Then, Stuart was off on Saturday at the end if this particular nap regression week, and James miraculously napped beautifully for first and second nap, and has been doing just fine ever since.  No new teeth, nothing else crazy that I've noticed.  This is the kind of mama thing that drives me absolutely bonkers - there is seemingly no explanation or purpose behind James' terrible nap protests.  But here we are on the other side and doing just fine.   He quite obviously still needs two naps, so I'm very glad we were patient and didn't just drop to one!


Busy busy!
He is so, so curious these days, and I find him much more intrigued by objects that he is not supposed to touch than with his toys.  The filter at the bottom of the refrigerator, the peace lilly leaves, Stuart's OR notes in his work bag, my Pappa Acree's old guitar, the fire place... He keeps us busy making sure he doesn't eat something he shouldn't or pull something over and crush himself.  But he is so cute when he gets going on this circuit around to all the exciting objects, because he just squeals while he crawls back and forth between them.  At least he is a joyful, although disobedient and depraved, child :)


Favorite books recently:
Little Blue Truck
Don't Wake the Bear
The Eye Book
Babycakes
Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
ABC Menagerie
When I Was Born


New foods:
- Quinoa (not a huge fan)
- Pineapple
- Blueberries (again - no rash this time)
- Various new winter squashes
- Baked goods! (With chia seeds as egg substitute for now, or anything store bought that is labeled vegan, so as to ensure it's egg-free)
- Green smoothie: no new ingredients, just a new route to get veggies in :) includes spinach, an orange, some banana, & sometimes yogurt and berries








No comments:

Post a Comment