3/17/15

Is this summer?

Today was an odd and wonderful combination of productivity, rest and fun.  Most if our days around home are only one of the above (if not just "survive").


A friend from church told me about For Garden's Sake, a garden center about 10 minutes away that has loads of plants (yay for me!) and goats, chickens, alpacas and a koi pond (yay for kids!). We went this morning, as we've been building up plans for our gardens this year.  It was gorgeous weather and we had a blast.  James woke up from his nap later and asked to go back.  We'll definitely return (once they get more warm weather herb and veggie plants in)!





Sam napped once we got home, so James and I worked outside.  Don't be fooled by his winter hat... He insisted on wearing it when I asked him where my gardening hat was (which we never found).



James got some bloody knees and a busted lip when he tripped over his too-big-Crocs, and we both got a little sunburn.  First of the season (whoops)!  James also enjoyed a strawberry-pineapple-yogurt Popsicle out of the freezer from last summer. He ate all of it - must still be good!



Sam took a long early evening nap, so James and I played and cleaned and colored with markers.  We're having our community group over for a St. Party's dinner tonight, and everything is all ready for that even. So productive!



It's just been a really sweet day with these two little boys. And because the weather's been so beautiful, I think we're all in great spirits. Is this what summer feels like with kids? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment