12/20/16

Lately: December


Life has been a little unusual around here, as I'm essentially working two jobs right now (nannying a newborn during the week Mon-Fri and continuing to work my nursing job on the weekends).  It's made some of our normal routines like grocery shopping and stroller walking much more difficult, as all three kiddos are with me at all times, with no one in preschool yet.  When our own 3rd babe comes in March, it should be a little different in that I can wear him/her, like I have my other babies, but I haven't been able to do that comfortably/safely with the baby we are nannying with my own baby growing in my belly!  Anyway, so there have been a lot more after-dark walks and Saturday morning grocery trips than usual.

Stuart has also been working a heavier schedule than typical, as one of his upper level fellows is out on maternity leave (I got to meet brand new baby Will earlier this week, and he is so precious!).  We are just a hard-working family right now!  The boys have taken it mostly in stride...  But the above picture is a little bit of a treasure since I feel like it's rare for us 3 to get time just to ourselves these days!  And even with Stuart's heavier schedule lately, he is still around so much more than he was in residency, so lots of photos of him playing with the boys (because thankfully that is a normal, regular occurrence now!).  He also has them to himself on the weekends that I work my nursing job, and they all 3 love that, calling it "boys' weekend."


Working out some Monday feelings


James, post-nap


Hand-knit hat (as exhausted and stretched thin as we feel in this hard-working season, I still can't stop my nesting instincts...)


Dinner and lighting of the Tobacco Tower in downtown Durham with our people (the Reagans) - FYI we do not support tobacco use or the industry, but we obviously live in a historically tobacco-heavy area, and most of Durham was built up around this industry




Saturday morning Aldi - actually a great time to go, because who else in their right mind wants to go grocery shopping first thing on a weekend morning??


James' 1st black eye


Stu's birthday - happy 34, love!


Playing music with our old friend, Mr. Eddie on the upright bass


Pierce & Reagan Christmas/Epiphany show 2016 (Ben on piano, Stu on guitar/vocals/percussion, Caleb on cello, Asia on banjo/vocals, Mark on harmonica, Wen on guitar/vocals, Eddie on bass)



Hot chocolate treats - new Friday afternoon tradition (now that the week feels more like a work week for us, we celebrate the approaching end with hot chocolate and homemade popcorn by the fire!)



Boys' weekend - a trip to Toys'R'Us



Stuart holiday mirror selfie


A family first for us: a piƱata at James' 4th birthday party (Darth Vader, obviously)




Daddy (and boys) playing with new Star Wars toys



Christmas cookie decorating with my dearest friends at Side by Side, one of my favorite traditions


Doesn't James look like he's having a blast with his controlling mama showing him how to decorate??




My babysitter is better than your's: I came home to her teaching the boys how to wash dishes!


A rare, cold, late evening stroller walk with stop off at the playground/lake


Bath time


Stu got to go to the new Star Wars movie with one of his attendings... in the middle of a call week!  (He was tired, but glad he got to see it!)


Another new hat - this one for a friend, but I already have another one in the works for Markers. #nestallthethings


Sammy modeling a new sweater from Mamma Parsons



James modeling a new sweater from Mamma Parsons



Holiday church get ups



26 weeks!


Onc Christmas party for Stuart's work people




Another attempt to make Christmas cookies with my people at home - I tried to be much more hands off, and they had a great time!  Totally worth the huge mess.



More play with daddy by the fire.  Looking forward to the Christmas weekend coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment