2/15/17

Valentine's Day


The brothers and I started the day by making some special pastries after breakfast... using refrigerated croissant dough!  I'm definitely at that point in motherhood (or pregnancy?) where I'm just tired, and some of my values (Eat real food! Make all the things from scratch! Just say "no" to the processed junk!) go out the window.  We could've just not made anything... but I figured memories with my people were more important than this particular principle on this particular day.


Anyway, these were super easy - croissant dough, cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar and vanilla, topped with homemade strawberry jam (my mama's). Brushed with butter mixed with brown sugar.  Sam kept saying, "This yummy, mama!"


And James just said "Yuck." :p


Then we went to our favorite city park around the corner and played ice cream shop.



After rest time, the boys brought me a gift they made with daddy during a boys' weekend (one of my work shifts).

And then we finished the night playing Star Wars (Stu and I also made dinner and dessert (this one from scratch!) after bedtime, but we both have been sick recently and were overall exhausted after his call week last week, so we didn't enjoy it like we could have!  Maybe we should plan fancy weeknight dinners with dessert more often, though.  No reason to only celebrate on arbitrary Hallmark holidays, anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment