6/11/13

Sweet mornings.

Mornings are usually pretty good around here (although sometimes they start at 5am, which makes me tired, but James and I are both morning folks, so it's not as bad as it could be).  But this morning, I woke at 6:40am and hadn't heard a peep from the tiny boy since I'd put him down at 7pm the night before (rather unusual, especially as of late).  I peeked in his room, and he was just snuggled up in his crib (alive and breathing, which is really all I care about). :)

I went ahead and got up and got his breakfast (oats, prunes & apples) ready, and made breakfast for myself (fruit & Greek yogurt) and even drank a whole 18oz glass of water (something I've been trying to do more of first thing in the morning).  I heard him chatting on the monitor about 7:10am, so we snuggled and nursed, and we each had our respective breakfasts, and then he still had an hour and a half until nap time!  He usually is awake for a max of 2 hours before his first nap, and usually the first hour *at least* is full of getting him up and going, making his food (solids or bottle, or both) and then nursing and feeding him.  Sometimes this all takes longer than an hour, so by the time he is finished eating and dressed and whatnot, it's almost nap time.

Not this morning!  So we went for our first MORNING jog since he's been on the outside!  And it was so nice.  And refreshing.  And good for my spirit.

Morning is by far my favorite time to exercise.  Maybe it's because I love mornings.  And getting outside and moving my body.  When I was pregnant (he was still on the inside, I mean), I always did a morning jog (or walk, in the later weeks).  Since having James on the outside, exercising has been pushed back to 10 or 11am, or even later in the day.  That makes it feel much less enjoyable and more like a chore to me.

I just wanted to remember this morning and how The Lord knew I needed a beautiful, refreshing morning, and He gave of it freely (His mercies are new, y'all...).

(Happy morning baby)

(He looks unhappy here, but he really loves riding in the stroller!)

No comments:

Post a Comment