10/31/13

Halloween: Take 2

James and I spent a quiet Halloween Day at home, getting things ready for our church's big annual Pig Pickin' coming up this weekend.  I'm currently the Community Team leader for our church, so it's my job to plan and prepare fellowship events, and make sure they run smoothly.  It's a lot of fun, but a lot of work.  So, I spend a lot of time working on things at home, with the help of James.


Through out the day, we wore parts of our costumes to get in the spirit of things.  We carved jack-o-lanterns and drank apple cider (well, James played in the garage floor while I carved, and he drank milk while I had cider).  We also snacked on some pumpkin muffins I made (egg-free).  They turned out great, replacing chia seeds for eggs.  So, James has been able to enjoy his first baked good (no worries - 100% whole grain, no refined sugar, organic, etc. for those that care).


We stopped by the park for some swing action as a break from all the Pig Pickin' work:


Checking out the jack-o-lanterns on the front porch:


This next series of pictures melts my heart (it also contains my new all-time favorite photo of James):



(Favorite below!):






 Once it got dark, we had lots of trick-or-treaters, and that was fun.  We took a little trip over to Emily and Jon Davidson's to trick-or-treat and say hello (Emily is one of Stuart's co-residents who lives one street over in our neighborhood).  Then, Chris & Jill Merrick stopped by for some Halloween cider and candy-handing-out.  All in all, a very nice Halloween if I don't say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment