10/28/13

Halloween:Take 1

Monday night, our Community Group had a Halloween party where costumes were required attire.  So, I spent several weeks prior making a costume for James after he told me how much he wanted to be Max from Where the Wild Things Are.  He loves that book!

He especially loved pointing at the wild things in the book, so I thought Stuart and I could be wild things.  Our costumes were a bit last minute compared to James' Max costume. Good thing, too, because James was absolutely terrified of our wild things wigs and masks.  So, we didn't wear them most of the night.

He didn't seem to mind his costume, once he got used to it.  As evidenced below, he was unhappy at first, but to his credit, we also had him up quite a bit past his bedtime, so that could explain some of the fussiness.  I wish I had taken photos of everyone there (I know photos were taken, we just didn't get many!).  We had a great time, including James.  I think he loved hanging out with all of his friends :) 

Tonight is real Halloween, so we'll dress up again to handout candy to trick-or-treaters.  We'll see how round 2 goes!









No comments:

Post a Comment