9/5/15

Charlottesville, VA

I have a lot of upcoming posts!  We have been busy celebrating Samuel's 1st birthday, traveling for Stuart's LAST fellowship interview (glad those over over!) and a week at the beach with the Acrees... Posts with photos on all of those coming soon!

For Stuart's last fellowship interview, we drove up to UVA in beautiful Charlottesville, VA.  We stayed one night in a hotel and explored the area a little bit while Stuart did his thing at the interview...


Stopped at Burger King on the way up for Stuart to grab lunch (he left work after a half day to head up in time for him to be in Charlottesville for the interview dinner)




James and Stuart played with this random cat while I nursed Sam in the car... The cat ended up biting James some how.  He turned out to be just fine, but I totally freaked out!



The little boys and I strolled around near UVA while Stuart was at the interview dinner, and I found this little shop right across the street from our hotel - Babes in the Wood Restaurant.  ("The ultimate farm to table - free range, rare breed pork.") They just opened a month ago!  They run their own hog farm, and now they've opened a restaurant to showcase all their delicious pork.  I got a brat sandwich with peppers and onions and a side of house-made baked beans.  So delicious.



James and Sam had almond butter sandwiches and watched cartoons for dinner :)





Found Samuel half out of his PJs the next morning, though he never cried about it overnight.  He's such a mild-mannered babe, never complains about anything!



Breakfast in the hotel lobby - cantaloupe and oatmeal for James, toast and western omelets for me and Sam.





I had heard delicious things about this cupcake shop from a blog that I read, so when I saw it across the street from our hotel, naturally I had to stop and buy 4 cupcakes.  Yum.



Upon recommendation from Casey (who went to college nearby at JMU), we ended up at Carter Mountain Orchard for apple picking.  It was a little early in the season, so they only had 3 varieties available.  But we picked all 3 and liked them all!



There obviously wasn't much for Samuel to do except ride around in the stroller, but James had a blast.







Then we picked up Stuart from his last interview and drove back home!  Charlottesville, I love your mountains and natural beauty and delicious food and sustainable living... I hope to be back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment