12/13/13

James' 1st Birthday


Yesterday was a very happy birthday for the little boy who made me a mama.  We've got a whirlwind of a weekend coming up with lots of festivities (beginning yesterday, actually)... I will update with photos and details next week!  In the meantime, I just want to say that yesterday was bittersweet.  My baby has completed his first year.  What a milestone!  He's no longer an infant, but a toddler (though, thankfully he is not yet toddling about...).  He is becoming more and more independent each day, and it makes me so proud.  But my mama heart is also a little sad to watch him grow.  But this is the reason for having children, yes?  "To train them up" (not to keep them little forever).  Happy birthday to my sweet, smart, handsome, playful, fun, silly, kind little son.  We'll love you always.


No comments:

Post a Comment